The 'Production Manager (Traffic Controller), is a new role and a Senior position. This person will organise and control the production process within the factory from the receipt of order through to handing it to the courier for delivery. They will need to ensure that products are made to the right specifications and are ready on time and within budget.
• daily workflow management – scheduling of both resources and jobs in an ever-changing environment
• work out what materials, supplies and equipment are needed to meet all production goals
• implement best practice production processes, evaluate and refine to ensure optimal efficiency
• management of day to day ordering of materials and supplies
• evaluation and reporting of the production process with both positive & negative results
• stock management and reporting
• inward focus with a drive for continuous improvement through constant evaluation & implementation
• help maintain, test and improve equipment, and make decisions on when to repair or replace equipment
• plan and develop new product processing through production processes
• waste management – capturing data for analysis and driving zero waste initiatives
• production cost analysis and reporting
• assist with development and training of production staff
• oversee safety standards in the factory
• a "follow-me" leader personality
• this is not a desk job and the candidate needs to be able to roll-up their sleeves as part of their day-to-day function
• problem solver that can think on their feet
• the candidate needs to be a master at multi-tasking as there is an expectation they know what jobs are in the building at any given time.
• analytical skills, to interpret information and figures
• a good awareness of employment relations laws.
• general knowledge of H&S protocols within a manufacturing environment
• salary negotiable - dependant on experience
For more information email: email@example.com
(Posted 16th October 2017)