Epson again wins 2 TIPA Awards for innovative products
Epson has continued its ongoing success at the European Technical Image Press Association (TIPA) Awards with two of its pioneering products named 'best in class' in 2008 by Europe's largest imaging press association.
Epson's Stylus Photo R1900 A3 photo printer was named 'Best expert photo printer in Europe 2008', and its flagship wide-format photo printer, the Stylus Pro 11880, was named 'Best large format printer in Europe 2008'.
The Award judges say that only the most innovative products are taken into consideration for the TIPA awards. Epson has won at least one TIPA Award every year since 2001 and in 2005 won four awards.
Mike Pleasants, Epson Australia's Director of Marketing Communications, said Epson is renowned for its groundbreaking imaging products, and its record at TIPA proves that Epson remains at the forefront of developing landmark products that meet customer needs.
Epson was awarded 'Best expert photo printer' for the second consecutive year. The TIPA judges highlighted a number of key features that separate the Epson Stylus Photo R1900 from its competition. These include the printer's seven separate colours, its capability to produce prints up to 13 inches wide on a broad variety of media types from gloss papers to a range of fine art textured media, and the 1440 nozzle print head that enables a print resolution of 5760×1440 dpi.
The TIPA judges commented: "Epson's new UltraChromeT Hi-Gloss 2 ink system gives a wider colour gamut for natural skin tones in portrait subjects, and the smooth gloss finish with the extra gloss optimiser ink renders a superb look and feel to prints. The additional red and orange inks contribute to improved colour vibrancy."
Epson's continued investment in large-format printer technology was rewarded with the 'Best large format printer' award for the Epson Stylus Pro 11880.
The TIPA judges commented: "The Epson Stylus Pro 11880 is a professional printer developed for large format applications including fine-art printing, photography and proofing. The Epson UltraChromeT K3 with Vivid Magenta Ink offers two new magenta inks ensuring a more precise colour reproduction - especially in difficult-to-match red and blue areas of the colour spectrum."
The judges also recognised the benefits offered by Epson's Micro Piezo Thin-Film print head, which ejects approximately 40,000 droplets of ink per second to enable high-speed, high-resolution printing.
Epson Stylus Photo R1900 key features summary:
· Prints durable photos and album pages on various media up to A3+
· Achieves vivid colours and natural skin tones with Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss2 ink
· Advanced colour processing for smooth and accurate colours with Epson LUT technology
· Achieve a range of photo finishes with Epson glossy, matte and fine art papers in cut-sheet and roll format
· Personalises inkjet printable CDs and DVDs
· Prints are lightfast for 80 years on Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper
· Borderless printing at a resolution up to 5760 x 1440dpi for stunning photos
· Print photos on A3+ at 1440 x 720dpi (Photo Mode) in only 106 seconds
· Efficient printing with individual ink cartridges, only replace the colour used
· Enhanced connectivity with Dual USB 2.0 Hi-Speed ports
· Bundled with sophisticated photo software including Camera RAW plug-in for Creativity Suite for fast, easy printing of camera RAW files
The Epson Stylus Photo R1900 is $1099 RRP including GST and is available for purchase at consumer electronics retailers, computer superstores, mass merchandisers, office superstores and selected photo specialty stores.
Epson Stylus Pro 11880 key features summary:
· Professional paper handling up to 64 inches wide
· Consistent output with Epson MicroPiezo TFPT print head technology
· High-density Epson UltraChrome K3T with Vivid Magenta Ink
· Standard USB 2.0 and Gigabit Ethernet
· Flexible paper handling with roll or cut-sheet media from A3 / tabloid up to 64 inches wide
· BorderFreeT roll printing from 10 inches up to 64 inches wide
· Accepts media up to 1.5 mm thick poster board
· Productive printing with built-in automatic media cutting system and take-up reel system
· Record information about paper with media bar code tracking and identification system
· Superior image processing with Epson Super-Halftone Screening Technology
· Easy to use and maintain with Auto Ink Droplet Detection System
· High-quality printing with maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi
· Nine individual high-capacity ink cartridges - 700 ml
· Automatically change from photo black to matte black
· Pressurised ink cartridge technology
· High-performance print engine speeds
· Large 2.5 inch back lit LCD control panel
· Ink status LED system
The Epson Stylus Pro 11880 is available from Epson pro graphics dealers at an RRP of $25295 inc GST.