Today (15th May 2018) at Dscoop Asia-Pacific 2018, HP Inc. unveiled the HP Latex R2000 Printer, the first Latex hybrid solution for rigid and flexible sign and display printing in one device.
HP announced its new Rigid Technology at the ISA Sign Expo in March, highlighting how customers will now be able to expand their offering into new, high-value applications while also opening fresh creative ideas and concepts for sign and display.
The first printer in the R Series is the game-changing HP Latex R2000 Printer, which today made its Asia Pacific and Japan debut at Dscoop Asia held in Seoul.
“Anyone who tracks this industry knows today is a major milestone in printing as we unveil the HP Latex R2000 Printer,” said Michael Boyle, Vice President & General Manager, Graphics Solutions Business, Asia Pacific and Japan, HP Inc. “HP developed this breakthrough technology based on print service providers (PSPs) continued request for an HP Latex printer to print on both rigid and flexible materials using our water-based inks. This introduction is another step forward in how HP creates the best experiences for our customers, continually reinventing the possibilities of print.”
Coupled with the HP Latex White Ink – delivering the the glossiest white on transparent and coloured media – The HP Latex R2000 Printer powers PSPs with ultimate versatility through a single ink set. Applications such as retail, outdoor signage, window graphics, events and exhibitions, decoration and car wrapping are now a possibility.
Advanced engineering and driving high productivity, printer performance specifics include:
• High-speed quality up to 88 sqm/h (947 sqf/h) – continuous loading
• High accuracy belt system and productive workflow with 14 automatic independent chambers
• Reliable flexible printing, leveraging assets from current portfolio, up to 100kg rolls
• Redesigned HP Latex Inks to achieve vibrant color gamut on rigid while preserving media gloss and feel, and prints with no smell
• Durable and flexible water-based ink for high adhesion and scratch resistance with a new HP Latex Overcoat
• Lower temperatures allowing wide media versatility
• Automatic maintenance, smart vacuum, and easy loading
• Productivity enhanced with HP Smart Services
HP say that availability will vary by region and country.